Re: Again: Anonymous Resources

Stefan Kokkelink <skokkeli@mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de> wrote:

> Perhaps the serialization should provide an 'rdf:anonymous_ID' attribute in
> addition to rdf:ID. rdf:ID specifies an URI, rdf:anonymous_ID a local
> identifier that is allowed to be changed (more precisely: mapped one to one)
> by an RDF application (e.g. parser) processing the data. And this identifier
> should not be interpreted as a URI, it's private data!

This brings us to a problem that I believe Graham Klyne rasied:

Is there a need for anonymous resources? Outside of interpreting the spec,
in an ideal world, do you need to have anonymous resources? Could the
functionality be replaced by giving everything a URI and simply using RDF
properties to provide the information you get from anonymity? What benefit
do you get from anonymous resources?