Re: Location vs. names

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:17:01 +0100
To: "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>, "Sampo Syreeni" <decoy@iki.fi>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> This tactic is used by human individuals.  Me thinks we need a
> URI scheme so that agents on the Internet can reliably use the
> same tactic with no chance of confusion.

How so; could you explain this a bit more?

Every resource on the Semantic Web is only as good as its inherent
definition (in processors), or its implicit definition through usage
and contextualization (i.e. relationships to other terms). You seem to
be saying that the implicit context of a resource is can be stored in
some kind of local memory, and then that can be used outright, or
compared with some inherent definition.

Why is a new URI scheme required in order to do this?

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer