Re: Dropping the redundant colon in N3

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> The problem is this.  There is a clash with keywords.  There are of course
> a limited number of keywords, such as bind, @prefix, a, has, of, to which
> I am tempted to add with time (which?...).  Any language which uses
> a set of special keywords in a space of identifiers open to the
> user has a problem with evolution,  If I allowed unprefixed identifiers
> now then any keyword I add later could invalidate old N3 documents.
> One possibility, rather clumsy, was for unprefixed names to be unavailable
> unless the document declares exactly which keywords it will use.
>
> @keywords a, has, which, of .
> x a rfd:Class. y a x.

Another solution would be to prefix all keywords with a character not allowed to start a user names...
Since keywords are much fewer, that would keep a sane level of readability.
e.g.

 x @a rdfd:Class. y @a x.

 just an idea

  Pierre-Antoine

--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.