Containers in Schemas

From: John F. Schlesinger <johns@syscore.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:02:21 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
[freed from spam trap -rrs]

 To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
 CC: johns@syscore.com
 From: johns@syscore.com (John F. Schlesinger)

I hope I'm not being dense, but I'm having a lot of trouble writing a
simple RDF schema and instance. I've been through the archive and there was
some discussion of this a while back.

In addition, I have looked at DAML+OIL and they have exactly what I want in
their daml:Collection parseType.

What I want is to create a schema for a two classes, one property and one
container such that one class has a property which is a container of
instances of the other class.

Naively I thought I could use the following schema:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <rdfs:Class rdf:ID="Container"/>
  <rdfs:Class rdf:ID="Bag">
  <rdf:Property rdf:ID="has">
	<rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Container"/>
	<rdfs:range rdf:resource="#Bag"/>
  <rdf:Description about="http://somwhere/something">
(Note that I originally used rdfs:Container instead of rdfs:Class but this
failed validation as the range of range must be a class)
Using VRP (from ICS-FORTH) I get the error message:
Semantic error
        3004: You are not allowed to change a rdf:Property to a rdfs:Class.
        Error called by: Model.make_class
        at line 19(4) of input during parsing: </
(Note - I get this for each line)
If I change the <Contained> tag to <rdf:li> then I get the message:
Syntax error
        1002: Error in a description, compare with [6.3] RDF M&S.
        Error called by: parser
        at line 15(10) of input during parsing: rdf:li
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Symbol recycling detected (fix
your scanner).

I have no idea what this means (the symbol recycling that is) but I am
prepared to believe I've done something wrong!

Can anyone tell me two things:
1. What the syntax is for instances of rdfs:Container?
2. How to create a property that is a bg of classes?

Thanks in desperation.

John F Schlesinger
SysCore Solutions