Re: RDF IG meeting at W3C Technical Plenary 2001-02-28

From: <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:13:50 +0100
To: " - *seth@robustai.net" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: " - *bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, " - *www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, " - *Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk" <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
> > >  o Query - I'd be very interested to learn about ongoing
> > >    work in RDF query.
> >
> > I totally agree - once querying RDF is implemented well, a whole lot of
> > things get much easier. It would be excellent to compare notes with
> > people working in this area.
>
> Personally I don't believe we want a query language outside of RDF .. we
> want it inside RDF.   In other words we should be able to express a
> question in RDF.  See my proposal [1] for implementing the who, where,
> when, why, what pronouns.
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2001Jan/0142.html

We could agree on that, and that's why we formulate so called *lemma*s
(aka queries) in RDF/N3. For the moment they have the form of conjunctions
(logical AND-ing). For examples see the *.lemma.n3 resources linked from
http://www.agfa.com/w3c/euler/
Lemma results values (proof values) are also in RDF/N3 notation.