Re: RDF Terminologicus

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:05:43 -0800
To: "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: RDF-IG <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
"McBride, Brian" wrote:

> I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record on this, but I
> believe what m&s says is that a reified statement represents
> a statement.

Ok.

> I've been interpreting that to mean that any property which is
> true of a statement is true of any reified statement which
> represents it, and vice versa.

I don't see how you can say that at all.  What is true of a
representation is not usually true of that which it
represents. The word "Rainier" represents a mountain in the
state of Washington.  It is true of this representation that
it is composed of 7 letters; but implying then that the
mountain in Washington state contains 7 letters would be an
absurdity.

Seth Russell