Re: What are allowable property URIs?

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:12:21 -0500
To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>, Gabe Beged-Dov <begeddov@jfinity.com>
CC: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net> wrote:

> Rather than continue to spin our wheels on this issue, can you give a
> specific example of a problem with my proposal i.e. a specific example with
> specific URIs where this creates a problem **

Yes -- you clearly solve the older problem of incompatibility with non-RDF
namespaces. However, you do not solve the newer problem recently raised that
the RDF syntax is not capable of representing the model. For example, it
cannot represent the statement:

    <urn:p> <urn:p/q/> <urn:p:asas>

This is a bit of a problem, if we expect the RDF syntax to accurately
represent the model in its entirety.

> ** note: I can think of one particular issue but I think people need to
> think this through.

Could you share the issue with us so we can think it through?