Re: RDF standard for PRIVACY STATUS of a document

Dan,

I think this is potentially an important topic.  I've also noted elsewhere
that there is no document-side standard description corresponding to CC/PP.

I think the two issues are related -- document side decsriptions
corresponding to P3P and CC/PP.

Is this something that could be nurtured in the RDF-IG, possibly an agenda
item for the tech plenary, until more suitable W3C home(s) are
found.  Also, if a common framework can serve both, how would W3C address
the issue that W3C is a Device Independence activity, and P3P is Technology
and Society?

#g
--

At 10:35 AM 2/7/01 -0500, Dorn Alexander wrote:
>[freed from spam filter.  messages posted from addresses other
>than the ones they've subscribed to the list will fall into this trap
>and require manual intervention.  -ralph]
>
>Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:01:12 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Dorn Alexander" <office@dorn-software.com>
>To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@akamai.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
>Subject: Re: RDF standard for PRIVACY STATUS of a document
>
>Thank you for your thoughts.
>That's exactly why I wrote this mail. There is no out of the box solution
>for this - quite important - issue.
>Since only out of the box solutions - concerning standard approach to
>document privacy - will be widely supported, only this would allow to ensure
>at least a notification of what you allow somebody legaly to do with this
>document.
>
>I didn't find something like that on the net and since I am sure there will
>be soon a broad need for such a declaration I am not sure whether I just
>didn't find it.
>
>In case there is nothing like that, I think it would be worth a thought and
>maybe a nice initiative.
>
>Greetings,
>Alexander

Graham Klyne