RE: Freenet, distributed search and simple RDF queries

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 14:15:10 -0800
To: "'Dan Brickley'" <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>, www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, tech <tech@freenetproject.org>
> Freenet and the Web
> are complementary and will likely become deeply intermingled.

We would all like to hope so, but I doubt it will happen with the current or
any imminent implementation.  Now that Napster resources have URIs (well,
sort-of -- at least the form nap:search?artist=goodie+mob&title=soul+food,
which is more a URI to a list of all copies indexed by your server) there
are some holes being punched, and maybe things like that will lead the way
in "intermingling" until freenet becomes usable.