RE: RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised) W3C Working Draft published

Hi Shelley,

At 06:45 19/12/2001 -0800, Shelley Powers wrote:
[...]
>Does the development of a primer mean that the RDF WG is finished with the
>review and modification of the syntax specification,

Not yet :(

The WG is working on a primer because we felt there was a need for an a
more explanatory introduction to RDF than the specifications would
provide.  There has been a lot of progress in the development of the syntax
specifications.  The first WD tested the idea of moving to an infoset based
grammer.  This WD shows how we propose to define the transform from RDF/XML
to an RDF graph.  Both WD's addressed some specific issues from the issues
list.  More issues are still to be addressed.  I would anticipate there
will be at least one more WD before last call.

>  and this working draft
>will eventually release as Syntax 1.1 or something along these lines? What's
>happening with the Schema?
>
>Reason I ask is that the schedule shown at
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/ shows October as the last call for RDF
>Core WG documents. Is there an amended schedule with targeted finish dates
>and goals for the RDF Core WG's current chartered tasks?

Unfortunately there is not.  I have tried to update the schedule, but at
the time, things were just too uncertain.  My personal aim is that we
should be substantially done in the first half of next year.

Brian