RE: semantic web applications

[freed from spam trap -rrs]

 From: Joe Kopena <joe@plan.mcs.drexel.edu>
 To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> I am not interested in actually writing the rdf, what I would like is
> an application which can understand it, and make inferences / perfom
> actions based on the content of an anotated web page.

I have some work at [1] which deals with taking DAML/RDF data and feeding
it into Jess, a Java based expert system ([2]). It's been useful in my case
for
taking in DAML query messages (specified in DAML-S), evaluating the requests
and attached knowledge, and then sending back a reply. Other people have used
it for doing things like reading in ontologies and then using Jess to evaluate
web-form based queries on that knowledge.

[1] http://plan.mcs.drexel.edu/projects/legorobots/design/software/DAMLJessKB/
[2] http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/jess/

--
- Scarius