Re: Linking RDF

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:23:51 +0100
To: "Murray Altheim" <altheim@eng.sun.com>
Cc: "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> (No, the escape characters you'd use aren't valid
> XML Name characters, if you are.)

Hmm, this looks like a job for i18n :-) I've seen URI schemes using
internationalized characers before somewhere... oh yes, in the HTCPCP
thing; no wonder then. In that case, I think that a useful thing that
the HTML specification could have defined is that any link types get
concatenated onto the profile attribute content, a bit like a QName,
so that:-

<head profile="http://example.org/#">
<link rel="meta" [...]

is defined by http://example.org/#meta

[and BTW, that has to be the fastest reply I've ever had on an email!]

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer