RE: RDF in XHTML

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:47:21 -0700
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, "Seth Russell" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: "Murray Altheim" <altheim@eng.sun.com>, "Danny Ayers" <danny@panlanka.net>, "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> > So I guess the problem is, How do we factor the XHTML
> > validations such that the semantics of RDF become opaque?
>
> Yes (that's the problem).

Could we add a <metadata>...</metadata> tag and wrap it in CDATA?  Any
other ideas?

> is going to have to be controlled to avoid numerous proprietary
> implementations: i.e. adding RDF to XHTML should be well scoped rather

That's the important thing, I think - I could easily stuff RDF in the
page right now, but it would be nice to have a way that is "the best way
we can think of right now" so that we can stop talking and start coding.

-J