Re: What Name Should A Namespace Name?

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 17:51:17 +0100
To: "Aaron Swartz" <aswartz@swartzfam.com>, "SWAG" <swag-dev@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> The answers to what's the resource at a namespace URI
> (a namespace) and what's the resource at data: URI (the
> content of the URI) seem to be mutually exclusive.

Using data: URIs for namespaces (which return data) seems no
better/worse to me than using HTTP URIs, which are also designed to
return data. In other words, so what if a data: URI is being used to
represent a concept rather than some data: it is fine to do that with
HTTP (or rather, it is a regular practice to...), so why not data:
within certain contexts? It's a very controversial statement however,
and I was just hacking around with ideas really.

Cum grano salis.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer