Re: A DTD for the abstract RDF model

Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr> writes:

> I guess we could get rid of any llteral by writing :
>
> <Description>
>   <value resource="data:98">
>   <type resource="http://www.datatypes.org/useful_types#Integer"/>
> </Description>

I think we should make a diffrence between the value used to describe
a property and the property itself.

Let's say we have these three URI's:

 #A : represents the a spcific person
 #B : represents the name of that person
 name : the predicate

 We have the statement:
 #A --name--> #B

The value of #B can be 'Axel'.  But #B can't be used as a literal for
other persons names.  If Axel changes his name to 'Sture', the
resource would still be the same.

Maby this example will be more clear if you consider the properties
'age', 'temperature', 'height', etc.  All these properties consists of
simple values.  But they can't be used by other properties, even if
they happen to have the same value.  They are 'dynamic' literals.

I would like all literals to be seen as dynamic.  Other things, like
places, coulers, etc, that can be used in many properties, will
themself be specific resources.

Words that has the same spelling but diffrent meanings will have
diffrent resources.

But yes.  We should also have a standard URI for each number etc.
Even if they should be used with caution.