Re: aboutEachPrefix: possible alternative

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@akamai.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 16:42:04 -0700
To: David Wagner <dwagner@sa.kevric.com>
Cc: "'RDF Interest (E-mail)'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 11:06:53AM -0500, David Wagner wrote:
> http://archive.covalent.net/xml/cocoon-dev/2000/06/thread.xml
>
> These are some of the relevant threads.
>
>   [C2] Matcher concept
>   [C2] Sitemap revised again
>   Sitemap Draft comments
>   sitemap draft still needs work in the matcher/chooser area
>   Cocoon2 Design
>   Pipeline conditional model
>   [C2] (hopefully) last sitemap major changes

Interesting. I notice they were discussing how to insert values in the
"Matcher concept" thread. We're tentatively approaching this by using a
separate element. For example,

<select type="content-type" value="text/*">
</select>

This would insert the value of the parent selector (in this case, the
content-type selector) in the place of the insert element, and make a
partial insert (i.e., only insert the portion matched by a wildcard, not the
whole matched value).

In general, I see a lot of parallels in what I've been doing, but in a
completely different problem domain. This is encouraging.

--
Mark Nottingham, Research Scientist
Akamai Technologies (San Mateo, CA)