Re: Klyne Contexts: 5.2 Contexts as statements

From: Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:30:04 +0000
To: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@liljegren.org>
Cc: RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, rdf@uxn.nu
I am looking to contexts to build (at least) two distinct (but related)

- Complex system descriptions, which is where the context-as-statements
thread came from.

- Trust modelling, which seems to be the target of your messages.

So I think we're in agreement, but sometimes talking about different things.

At 02:09 PM 11/28/00 +0100, Jonas Liljegren wrote:
>Jonas Liljegren <jonas@rit.se> writes:
> > Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com> writes:
> >
> > > I am finding this is a difficult area.  Some days it is clearer than
> > > others.  Let me draw out a few points:
> > >
> > > - The focus here is on description rather than inference (though with
> > > an eye to limited inference that allows descriptions to be simplified).
>Let us drop the discussion specific to the examples, and concentrate
>on the general issue.
>My goal is to have containers of statements in order to handle who is
>saying what and what can be trusted.
>One person can say S1 and another person can in S2 say that S1 is
>false.  I would like a common model to talk about groups of
>statements.  And those groups can consist of statements from several
>diffrent models.  I have written about it here:
>         http://www.uxn.nu/pipermail/rdf/2000/000135.html
>         http://www.uxn.nu/pipermail/rdf/2000/000168.html
>/ Jonas  -  http://jonas.liljegren.org/myself/en/index.html

Graham Klyne