Re: Statements/Reified statements

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:27:45 -0800
To: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@rit.se>
CC: Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com>, Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>, ML RDF-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3c.org>
Jonas Liljegren wrote:

> This means that instead of four, we have five:
> { uri, pred, subj, obj, model }
> Or, just don't consider any statements true, unless they explicitly is
> placed in a trusted model.

Grahm pointed out to me that we don't need both the statement id and the
model id stored with each statement.  It's not only more flexible, but
also more efficient, to store just the statement id.  For then i can
easily assign the same statement to multiple contexts and the selection
queries are much simpler than the other way around:

[context1] --rdfc:asserts--> [t1]
[context1] --rdfc:asserts--> [t2]
[context2] --rdfc:asserts--> [t1]

Seth Russell