Re: A triple is not unique.

From: Graham Klyne <GK@Dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:21:18 +0000
To: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Cc: ML RDF-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3c.org>
At 10:25 AM 11/21/00 +0100, Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN wrote:
>"McBride, Brian" wrote:
> > So I see two options.  A resource can have multuple URI's in which
> > case the ability to assign multiple URI's to the same reified
> > statement is no problem.
> >
> > Option 2, resources can have only 1 URI, in which case there can be
> > multiple resources which model an RDF statement, but they are all
> > equivalent, as in DAML equivalentTo.
>
>I vote for option 2, definitely.
>Statements (nor trees, nor HTML pages) are not resources :
>reosurces are "conceptual mappings", which *denote* some (set of) entity.

I think we could live with either interpretation without any major change
of world-view, and I am aware of well-informed, reasonable people who take
each view.  What I do wish would happen is that the W3C community would
nail down the issue so that it doesn't keep confusing debates such as this.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)