Re: unreification

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:05:31 -0800
To: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com wrote:

> I guess/hope you mean using the ID attribute as mentioned in RDF M&S
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#grammar
> [[[...The value of the ID attribute, if specified, is the identifier for the
>    resource that represents the reification of the statement...]]]

Nope, that just identifies the resource, not each individual statement.

The simplest way to serialize these identifications which usually exist internally
in APIs is to allow a sident="..." on statements like below and to allow those
idents to be objects.

<rdf>
   <description about="http://robustAi.net/~seth/index.htm">
        <label>Seth Russell</label>
        <email sident="200011171@robustai.net">seth@clickshop.com</email>
        <email sident="200011172@robustai.net">seth@robustAi.net</email>
    </description>
    <description about="200011172@robustai.net">
         <revises>200011171@robustai.net</revises>
    </description>
</rdf>

See http://robustAi.net/AI/Oedipus.htm for a model of using statements as objects.

But i guess this is just too simple .. oh shucks!
Seth Russell