Re: unreification

From: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@rit.se>
Date: 17 Nov 2000 10:05:55 +0100
To: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: ssarkar@ayushnet.com, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, melnik@db.stanford.edu
Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net> writes:

> However, in passing I note that, about half of the implementations
> of RDF listed at [1] have chosen to assign an ID to each statement.
>
> [1] http://WWW-DB.Stanford.EDU/~melnik/rdf/db.html

That reminds me of submitting the Wraf DBI interface SQL database
schema.

        http://www.uxn.nu/wraf/RDF-Service/doc/rdf.sql

It's not final.  And it's not part of the Wraf core, since Wraf is
designed to use any RDF storage backend.

The idea behind the huge node table is to cut down the number of SQL
queries needed in the common case.  Those embedded statements can be
refered by refpart/refid in the uri table.

The Wraf uses rdf:type extensively. That's why it has it's own table.

There is also support for container values, eliminating the need for
making all the _1, _2, ... statements explicit.

There is also support for conflicting statements with the same URI but
from diffrent models.

--
/ Jonas Liljegren

The Wraf project http://www.uxn.nu/wraf/