Re: RDF API convergence? was Re: ANNOUNCE: RDF.NET

From: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@rit.se>
Date: 13 Nov 2000 23:24:38 +0100
To: alberto.reggiori@jrc.it
Cc: "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>, www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, rdf@uxn.nu
Alberto Reggiori <alberto.reggiori@jrc.it> writes:

> In RDFStore, I am on the way to implement a Perl TIE interface over
> an local or remote RDF storage.

> I think Jonas Liljegren is aiming to do something similar with WRAF,
> and using the Perl TIE approach it would let the user dive into it
> much more quickly :-)

The interface is largely (resource) object oriented.  The connected
interfaces calculates the resource properties requested.  It could
forward the request to another interface or calculate with some rule.

But I am thinking about using TIE as an interface to collections, as a
way to iterate through a large data set without having to prefetch the
whole thing.

I may use RDFStore as a backend. :-)

--
/ Jonas Liljegren