Re: RDF API convergence? was Re: ANNOUNCE: RDF.NET

From: Rachel Heery <lisrmh@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 21:45:56 +0000 (GMT)
To: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
cc: www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Seth Russell wrote:

> I think any discussion of a common API should begin with a clear
> (almost mathematical) understanding of what interoperable means.

I would endorse this. And add a plea for a complementary clear statement
of the interoperability benefits a common API can offer in terms of
improved services, effective resource discovery. In the short and medium
term :-)

Some may prefer this on a separate list, but, for me, I would prefer heavy
traffic, the delete key, and some chance of a common view.

I agree open debate on this list may be a distraction, but a statement of
objectives in terms of 'service to the user' would, I believe, be

Rachel Heery
UKOLN (UK Office for Library and Information Networking)
University of Bath                              tel: +44 (0)1225 826724
Bath, BA2 7AY, UK                               fax: +44 (0)1225 826838