Re: XML.com 'Semantic Web: A Primer' article (the SW and you

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 10:47:04 +0000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
CC: jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com
>>>jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com said:
> I can only express my enthusiasm when looking at TimBL's slide
> http://www.w3.org/2000/Talks/0906-xmlweb-tbl/slide9-6.html
>
> If you don't shoot for the moon, you don't get there!

Yes, I liked that picture (which is only one view/slice of the
problem) and I'm trying to make Redland provide a large slice of the
bottom part.  The reason for this is to move away from having to
deal with 'angle brackets' and into the semantic world

That means we are moving to the stage where people can test, try,
experiment with the ideas at the higher layers.  I'll be doing
resource discovery metadata Dublin Core work, others can play with
where the (semantic) web meets KR, Logic, trust and proof.

Dave