RE: lightweight reification (was Representing trust (and other co ntex t) in RDF)

From: McBride, Brian <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:39:47 +0100
To: "'Graham Klyne'" <GK@dial.pipex.com>, "McBride, Brian" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

>But that compact representation does not extend to the model.  As I
>understand it, there is no 'aboutEach' node or property in the graph.

There is another line of argument about that, but for now lets stick then
with the syntax as in the example I provided, i.e. using production 6.12.

>>Yup.  Do you feel that the digest approach brings significant
>Sergey pointed out that his similar approach reduces the RDF statement
>triple overhead from 400% to 100%.  Your mileage may vary:
>this may not be
>an exact measure of the overhead but it seems a reasonable estimate.
>I'd quite like to lose the 100%, but that may be hoping for too much.

I'd argue that we have established:

  o  the syntax I outlined in my previous message gives a representation
     as compact as one would get with the digest approach

  o  the processing required is not significantly different to the
     digest approach