Re: visual query tools: SHOE/PARKA applet

From: Sean Luke <seanl@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:32:58 -0400 (EDT)
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, eric@w3.org
On Fri, 26 May 2000, Dan Brickley wrote:

> I just stumbled across a rather neat Java-based query demo on the
> SHOE/PARKA site.
>
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/plus/SHOE/binpiq.html (older binary-relations)
> http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/plus/SHOE/piq.html (new n-ary relation)

Thanks, Dan.  PIQ is the Java incarnation of Parka's graphical query
mechanism.  There is a nice Lisp implementation and also a C version.
Parka was originally a semantic network and later became n-ary, partially
binary relation language and later evolved to n-ary relations.

As a graphical interface, I think PIQ would present a very good model for
RDF.

Sean