RDF-programs (metadata conversion, database, search-engine and portal)

From: Pieter Coucke <pieter.coucke@student.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 03:43:00 +0200
To: "Rdf-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

For my theses I implemented some programs for RDF in Java.

These include:

- a framework to convert metadata to RDF (currently supported types: HTML
and MP3 - other filetypes can easily be added)

- storing RDF in a database (through conversion of RDF to SQL with XSL)

- a search-engine for this database with the possibility to define a query
as detailed as the description of the resource

- a portal that presents a user some resources that might be of interest to
him.  A user's preferences are described in RDF and matched against the
items in the database.

This is work in progress that stopped progressing :)
The aim of this code is not to present a fully functional program.  Although
it works, lots of improvements are possible.  My task this year was to study
the possiblities of metadata for a portal and so I came up with these
I hope they can be of use to anyone, mainly because several people on this
list have asked for programs like this.

More details can be found on

Pieter Coucke

Quote of the day: whatever...