Re: Converting SHOE to RDF: about 2/3 done; some gotchas

A "logic language" requires a "model theory". A model
theory usually specifies how a set of statements made
in the language can be interpreted as a set of satisfying
structures. This specifies semantic implication (|=). It
can then optionally have a "proof theory", which specifies
how to (mechanically) go about deducing statements
in the language (|-).

RDF makes an initial stab at a model theory by virtue
of its data model. If we clean it up and finish it, we will
have a simple and rudimentary model theory for RDF.
But as it stands now, we don't really have a logical language ...

Of course, I am just clinging on to old-fashioned definitions ...

Guha