RDF querying: is there a mail-merge like template-language?

From: <R.van.Dort@Everest.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:24:46 +0200
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Most of the discussions in this forum are on syntax, naming, etc. In short:
how to put RDF data and structure into documents.

There were some threads on retrieving / querying RDF but I regret the
little attention to this aspect.

I know of initiatives like Metalog, XML-QL, XQL, XSL.

What I am really looking for is a template-like construct that allows you
to retrieve RDF-data that is specified earlier in the current document or
in another RDF document.
This template-construct would allow you to write any document text with
placeholders that are evaluated.

Something like the mail-merge concept.:

"Dear <$person:ID=1234:title$> <$person:ID=1234:name$>, I am happy to
inform you bla bla..."

Resulting in:

"Dear Mr. Smith, I am happy to inform you bla bla..."

Is anybody aware of initiatives that would easily perform this task?