Re: Acyclic RDF Graph???

From: Perry A. Caro <caro@Adobe.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:24:53 -0800
To: RDF-list <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
I hope that cycles are discouraged, rather than encouraged.  I agree that
the specification allows them (the RDFMS says "directed labeled graph", not
"directed labeled acyclic graph"), but I'm not sure it should be recommended
best practice.  All of us poor implementors trying to persist our models in
RDBMS and similar cycle unfriendly systems have to deal with cycles, but the
assumption I've been making is that cycles will be uncommon.  It's hard to
optimize lookups otherwise.

Perry