The StatementConstraint rdfs:ConstraintProperty

From: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@paranormal.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:11:39 +0200
To: RDF Intrest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
(This is a rephrasing of a previous post.)

The purpose is to represent in an RDF Schema, the properties a
specific satement can have.

Implementation
--------------

StatementConstraint
    subClassOf rdfs:ConstraintProperty

statementPredicate
    type StatementConstraint
    domain rdfs:Statement
    range rdf:predicate

Illustration
------------

Lets say I have a Person with an intrest in a Topic. (That would be a
resource of type Person and a resource of type Topic in a Statement
with the Predicate intrest.) Suppose I want to represent the strength
of an individual persons individual intrest. That would be a property
of the reified statement, not of the intrest property.

In the implementation, the statementPredicate will be used with the
intrest property.  A Person is said to have a intrest in a Topic.
For each of a persons intrest statements, there will be a property of
the statement indicating the strength of the intrest.

intrest
    type rdf:predicate
    domain Person
    range Topic

IntrestStatement
    subClassOf rdf:Statement
    statemetPredicate intrest

strength
    type rdf:predicate
    domain IntrestStatement
    range FloatZeroToOneInclusive

An application can now know what properties a specific statement can
have by matching the statement predicate with a specific subClassOf
rdf:Statement.

--
/ Jonas  -  http://paranormal.se/myself/index.html