Inference rules [was: extracting...]

Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]
> That's sort of a mouthful... but I suppose I can
> use convenience rules/properties ala
>
>         toAddr(?msg, ?addr) :- to(?msg, ?recips),
>                         includes(?recips, ?recip),
>                         addr-spec(?recip, ?addr).
>
>         includes(?lst, ?item) :- first(?lst, ?item).
>         includes(?lst, ?item) :- rest(?lst, ?lst2),
>                                         includes(?lst2, ?item).
>
> I wish I had an RDF model for rules that I was happy with.

I had some inspiration tonight... a design for rules
came together:

	http://www.w3.org/2000/04shoe-swell/inference#

This allowed me to add support for shoe:def-inference in
	http://www.w3.org/2000/04shoe-swell/shoe-swell.xsl

TODO:
	-- slurp this form of rule into prolog
	-- compare/contrast with http://www.w3.org/2000/06/23-FOPC#
		designs for variables and rules in RDF,
		e.g. Jos De Roo's Euler stuff
		ftp://windsor.agfa.be/outgoing/RCEI/NET/euler/index.html

oh... that reminds me: this rule design relies on
reification, so I added a little bit of reification
support to my XSLT-based RDF parser.
	http://www.w3.org/XML/2000/04rdf-parse/