RE: RDF question: accessing xml:lang

From: Jarno Elovirta <jarnose@evitech.fi>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:14:47 +0200
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> > Any opinions about how xml:lang is to be treated correctly?
> Our RDF Parser module [1] associates the language information
> with a Literal node within the data model. This means there
> are no additional arcs and nodes but an additional indicator
> for any Literal node about its language.
> Try running the demonstration [2] and adding the xml:lang
> attribute by hand to see how the language is indicated.

Having tried your demo, am I to assume that:

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="">
        <rdf:li xml:lang="en" parseType="Resource">
          <rdf:value>nice keywords; more nice keywords</rdf:value>

, is wrong - or? I suppose I could do the same but with the xml:lang
attribute in the rdf:value element, but would it be the same? What I want to
do is state that the list item of the Bag itself is of some specified
language, treat the list item as an object of sort, with a language
attribute. Your demo will not in this case show the xml:lang.

Jarno Elovirta
Research & Development
Espoo-Vantaa Institute of Technology
email: jarno.elovirta@evitech.fi