Re: A certain difficulty

From: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
Date: 29 Feb 2000 16:27:00 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
[p.s. I've removed xml-dev from the distribution list, but
unfortunately, that means I won't see any follow-up.]

Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr> writes:

> subjectType : URI, in every case

URI or URI pattern (aboutEachPrefix)

> objectLang : only for literals, which I don't like !

I don't like it either.

[snip]

> This is not, IMHO, part of the model (since the parser only has to
> produce result triples)

That's not entirely clear, since the set of URIs that matches

  aboutEachPrefix="http://www.megginson.com/SAX

today and the set that matches tomorrow may be different.  I made the
statement about everything that matches any time, not just everything
that matched on February 29 2000 at 16:31 EST.  I think that it has to
be preserved as a pattern, which doesn't (properly) belong to the set
of resources.

All the best,

David

           http://www.megginson.com/