Why RDF must be parsed to be directed graph? (for what purpose?)

From: saranya maneeroj <saranya@fedu.uec.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 05:27:28 +0900
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Dear Sir,
      First case : If I implement Dublin Core metadata of Web pages in RDF
format and then I parse it to be directed graph.
      Second case : If  I implement Dublin Core metadata of Web pages in
database.

How is the First case better than the Second case? If for search efficiency
purpose, I think the Second case is better than The first case, agree?  I
really would like to know, what we can take adavantage from directed graph
from The First case?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Saran