Re: Schemas using schemas.

Except that there is no guarantee you can get anything useful from the
namespace URI (sadly, IMHO) - all the spec provides is that this is supposed
to be a way to uniquely identify the thing referred to. And that requires you
make up a namespace that won't get used by someone else, which is not
necessarily possible to guarantee either :-(

Charles McCN

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN wrote:

  Pete Cliff wrote:
  > How do I define the namespaces in the rslpcld schema? My initial thought
  > is to include a "xmlns:" line for each of the schemas used.

  this is the right solution

  > However if
  > this simply "#includes" the properties of other schema into the rslpcld
  > schema then the rslpcld schema would be defined in terms of a number of
  > undesirable properties.

  this is not an #include ; this is only a shortcut, so you don't have to type the whole URI of other schemas each time.
  If your RDF parser want more details about the properties you use, it will retrieve corresponding schemas ;
  whether it will store the whole schema or only triples related to the properties you use is an implementation choice,
  you can't mkae hypothesis on it.
[snip]