Re: Putting context in RDF serialization

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> The example you have snipped shows implicit inclusion of statements in a
> container/context.

Well I must be be dense, but I still don't see any implicit assignment of
statements to a context.  But I do see the implicitly defined  bag for the
statements with the same subject.

> The example you have left above shows explicit inclusion
> of statements in a container/context. You have a choice e.g.
> <RDF xml:base="...foo">
>     <Description bagID="...bar">
>             ... statements here ...
>     </Description>
>     <Description about="..."> ... 'anonymous' container (bagID = xpointer)
> </RDF>
> this can be interpreted as a container representing the whole document and
> containers representing each description.

Is xml:base a RDF container?  If so what does it contain, statements?   Then
could we do a something like

<RDF xml:base="...foo">
    ....descriptions ....
</RDF>

<rdf:Description aboutEach="...foo">
    <contextFor rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/context1"/>
 </rdf:Description>

?  .. because that would work for me ... but i didn't think we could do it.

Seth Russell