Re: M&S/Parser question

From: Stefan Kokkelink <skokkeli@mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:23:48 +0200
To: Jan Wielemaker <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>
CC: RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Jan Wielemaker wrote:

> Throwing it at the SWI-Prolog parser suggests what you say:
>
> 'URL1'  http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core/:Prop   each(pages)
>
> (It does not expand bags into separate tripples, but rather returns
>  a term each(BagId))
>
> But looking at it, I wonder whether is correct.  Shouldn't it reify
> the inlined description and generate a (URI, DC:Prop, <BagIdOfReified>)
> tripple?
>
> I.e. if a description is the value of an attribute, reify the
> description and make the value the reified bag?

Hm, I don't think so (although I'm not sure ;-). Without
'aboutEach' the role of a description element is
quite clear: a description element represents a (single)
resource, which can act as a target and as a source
for arcs in the RDF graph. When 'aboutEach' is specified,
the resource represented by the description element is 'replaced'
with the set of resources contained in the named container.
Why shouldn't the role of the resource as target
don't expand in the same manner?

Greetings,
Stefan