Re: M&S/Parser question

From: Jan Wielemaker <jan@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:39:04 +0200
To: Stefan Kokkelink <skokkeli@mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de>, RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Stefan Kokkelink wrote:
>how is the following XML/RDF expected to
>be parsed:
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
>     xmlns:DC="http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core/">
> <Bag ID="pages">
>   <li resource="http://foo.org/foo.html" />
>   <li resource="http://bar.org/bar.html" />
> </Bag>
> <Description about="URL1">
>   <DC:Prop>
>     <Description aboutEach="#pages">
>       <DC:Creator>Ora Lassila</DC:Creator>
>     </Description>
>   </DC:Prop>
>  </Description>
>What's the object/target of the DC:Prop property?
>SiRPAC and the pro-solutions parser create
>only one statement.
>       'online#URL1',
>       '-').
>(Whatever '-' means ;-)
>Is this correct? Im my opinion
>there should be the following
>two statements:

Throwing it at the SWI-Prolog parser suggests what you say:

'URL1'  http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core/:Prop   each(pages)

(It does not expand bags into separate tripples, but rather returns
 a term each(BagId))

But looking at it, I wonder whether is correct.  Shouldn't it reify
the inlined description and generate a (URI, DC:Prop, <BagIdOfReified>)

I.e. if a description is the value of an attribute, reify the
description and make the value the reified bag?

	Regards --- Jan