RE: a question on use of RDF

From: Paskin, Norman <n.paskin@doi.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 12:14:17 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
A framework which can provide this, and other metadata requirements for
e-commerce, is INDECS (Interoperability of Data in E-Commerce Systems).  I
recommend anyone who is seriously interested in structured metadata (about
people and other entities) to take a look at
http://www.indecs.org/results/results.htm
One of the things they are working on is a proposal for practical solutions
for the unique recognition of "people" (human and corporate entities) given
different identities in different schemas.

INDECS plans to have RDF implementation.  There is also a forthcoming
conference ("Names, Numbers and Networks") in Washington which will be of
interest to many readers of this list
(http://www.indecs.org/news/washington.htm

Norman Paskin (n.paskin@doi.org)