ER and RDF (was Re: Simpler syntax for RDF)

From: Gabe Beged-Dov <begeddov@jfinity.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:04:06 -0800
To: Sankar Virdhagriswaran <sv@crystaliz.com>
CC: Stefan Decker <stefan@db.stanford.edu>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Sankar Virdhagriswaran wrote:

> If I had my choice I would propose the following. A simple RDF will have
> only the basic capability to model entity-relationships. One can go back to
> Chen's original paper and take what he proposed and implement that in RDF.
> No more, no less. No logical expressions, no constraints.

I haven't noticed any mention of David Megginsons' API for RDF, DATAX [1] in
the recent discussions of API.  I haven't been using it because Java 1.2 on
Linux is not there yet. But it certainly seems to be a tailor made answer to
your desired simple API/Model that is ER centric.  He also did an entertaining
talk at the XML Developers Conference in Montreal. I don't know if the slides
are online.

Cordially from Corvallis,

Gabe Beged-Dov
http://www.jfinity.com/gabe