A simple question....

From: Stefan Decker <stefan@DB.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:02:58 -0800
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

a question and maybe an RDF 2.0 requirement ;-)

Lets say, i have the following HTML-code in my homepage
(e.g. http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/~sde ;-)

<center><A name="myname">Stefan Decker</A></center>

In which respect are the following RDF-snippets identical?

   <rdf:Description about="http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/~sde">
       <s:Creator>Stefan Decker</s:Creator>

   <rdf:Description about="http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/~sde">
       <s:Creator resource="http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/~sde#myname"/>

I know that they will produce different triples, but is there a way
to guarantee, that an application behaves the same, regardless what it
will get?

We have created an extended WYSIWYG-HTML-Editor, which allows to semantic
annotation of text. One simply marks the text and selects the
class/attribute from an ontology. Semantic Markup is inserted into
the HTML-text.
However, the editor now supports the ontobroker-annotation language,
but i would like to switch this to RDF (we worked on that concept
before RDF was born...)

On the other side, i don't want to COPY the marked text from of the HTML-page,
but would like to POINT to it. Otherwise if the HTML-page changes the
metadata will be invalidated, and thats something i would like to