Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-binding-protocol-02.txt (fwd)

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@cpe.fr>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:53:47 +0100
To: Godfrey Rust <godfreyrust@dds.netkonect.co.uk>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Godfrey Rust wrote:
> If a resource can be defined as anything which has a URI (which seems to be
> its only required characteristic) it seems to rather pull the rug away to
> say that something which is defined only by its unique identity can have
> multiple unique identities.

the U in URI doesn't mean 'unique' but 'uniform'!
A resource can be defined as anything which has AN identifier - it may be more than one.

> Dan Brickley wrote:
> >I'd really like to see this nailed down explicitly for
> >RDF: is RDF happy with the notion that one single resource can have
> >multiple URI names bound to it?

I believe this is an important question,
since this is a great issue for the power of expression of RDF,
but RDF S&M doesn't address it at all.

 So I guess it's our job to do so ;P

  Pierre-Antoine