Borges on the S-web

From: greg fitzpatrick <greg.fitzpatrick@mailbox.swipnet.se>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 13:11:53 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Hopefully some of us will take a few hours away from work during the next
few days and here is a suggestion for charging up our metaphysical batteries
between eating feasts.
Though I assume that Jorge Luis Borges is required reading for students
about to embark on scientific careers at most institutions, it is just
possible that we have forgotten our copies on the back shelves of our
So I would just like to remind the REDF community of the following short
The pre syntactic, er, semantic web is splendidly described in "The Library
of Babel"
The W3C is sympathetically described apriori  in "The Congress" with Tim in
the role of Don Alejandro Glencoe or is he Twirl?
"The Aleph"?  Does that relate to us? Is this your web?
The IANA and its hero gets an honorable mention in "Funes, his memory"
"A Survey of the Works of Herbert Quain" suggests a myriad of uses for our
And on and on.  Have a Merry Read
Greg FitzPatrick