Re: Mime types, Literals == Resources

From: Jonas Liljegren <jonas@paranormal.o.se>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 15:12:03 +0100
To: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@cpe.fr>, RDF Intrest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN wrote:

> I suggest that there be no more distinction between
>  triple(resource,resource,resource) and triple(resource,resource,litteral)
> but that RDF looking like
>
>  <rdf:Description about="http://somewhere.org/something">
>    <s:prop> This is a litteral </s:prop>
>  </rdf:Description>
>
> be translated something like
>
> triple( s:prop, http://somewhere.com/something, thisfile.rdf#genid1 )
>
> where "thisfile.rdf#genid1" whould have "This is a litteral" as CONTENT...
> which surely would raise some implementation issues left to discuss!

The algoritm for this could use the Xpointer thing now developed by w3c:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr

That would make it possible to use not only strings in RDF documents,
but
also strings in ANY xml document, including the HTML/xml documents.

I have seen suggestions here to make it possible to pint inside other
types of documents, like the metadata contained in GIF and MP3 files.
But we could at least start with a standard way to access the strings in
a ordinary RDF/xml document.

--
/ Jonas  -  http://paranormal.o.se/myself/cv/index.html