Re: [wiki] New: RyansActivities

Butler, Mark wrote:
>> * Thinking and writing code to address bNode issue in Longwell
>> (likely implementation: faux URIs for blank nodes, some sort of
>> rules addressing owl:inverseFunctionalProperty's and deducing
>> owl:sameAs relationships amongst bNodes)
>
> I spoke to the Jena folks and there is a method called nodeId (I
> think??) we could use, so if a node is bNode, no URI, so get the
> nodeId and use that to create a property value constraint in Longwell
> instead.

It's someNode.getId(), which returns an instance of an AnonId.

I implemented a fake URI scheme to cover bNodes in Longwell for the in
memory model.  I arbitrarily chose to use
"http://simile.mit.edu/anonymous#" as a prefix for "identifying
anonymous nodes," at least per running instance of Longwell.  bNodes
will work as facet restraints or as results.

You can see the restraints in action on
    http://www.w3.org/2004/04/simile/browse/index.html
in the last facet, 'is a deliverable of.'  The unnamed nodes (like
"anonymous[hex+colons+hyphens]") are historical groups not in the
current RDF listing.

Longwell now displays FOAF as well.  Something publicly available to
substantiate that claim may be forthcoming.

There's a custom rule in SimileReasoner to go about deducing
equivalencies based on owl:InverseFunctionalProperties.  It's kind of a
hefty rule.

--
Ryan Lee                 ryanlee@w3.org
W3C Research Engineer    +1.617.253.5327