Re: ArtStor image overlaps with OCW

Hi Kevin,

Why do you need images that occur in both corpuses?

The demo should involve a hypothetical researcher and/or teacher looking
for image content ... the images should be drawn from both corpuses but
be findable using the domain view of either research or teaching.
The Goya case is actually an odd one, since typically the content coming
from a particular domain will be unique. We might want to avoid that little
complexity at this stage...

Anyway, I haven't found any more IMS metadata out there. If we need
more IMS metadata we have to make it, presumably from a subset of
the VRA records and a standard mapping between the schemas (not
simple, but I've been assured that it's possible).

MacKenzie/

At 02:34 PM 11/3/2003 -0800, Kevin Smathers wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>After a pretty thorough search, I find only a single overlap between
>ArtStor and OCW for actual resources, which is the Francisco Goya painting.
>Looking through the OCW web site the course 4.651 has numerous overlaps
>with ArtStor, but seemingly no images in the OCW version of the course,
>and thus I suspect no metadata for those artworks although they are
>mentioned in the lecture notes.  Perhaps MacKenzie can suggest another
>course that might have some overlaps with ArtStor.
>
>Cheers,
>-kls
>
>--
>   Kevin Smathers                kevin.smathers@hp.com
>   Hewlett-Packard               kevin@ank.com
>   Palo Alto Research Lab
>   1501 Page Mill Rd.            650-857-4477 work
>   M/S 1135                      650-852-8186 fax
>   Palo Alto, CA 94304           510-247-1031 home
>use "Standard::Disclaimer";
>carp("This message was printed on 100% recycled bits.");

MacKenzie Smith
Associate Director for Technology
MIT Libraries
Building 14S-208