Re: The LEEBER RDF editing

From: MacKenzie Smith <kenzie@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:29:49 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: www-rdf-dspace@w3.org

At 04:21 AM 6/11/2003 -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
 >> I've learned of another project we might want to look into
 >> for SIMILE -- LEEBER is an open source RDF cataloging
 >> tool http://leeber.sourceforge.net/ ...
 >> Anyway, it looks interesting, even if it is written
 >> in Ruby :-)

 >Leeber is written in Java; it is a rewrite of Liber, which
 >as you say was written in Ruby.

Ahhh, sorry. Sorceforge says java, the Green River website
says Ruby:

" Leeber is an open source project being developed at sourceforge, and
written in the Ruby programming language. Leeber is our first application
of RDF at the Semantic Web. It is a resource cataloging application. It can
be used to catalog anything, however it is typically used to catalog
web-based resources. Leeber has two interfaces, one for those creating the
catalog, and one for those using it. The interface for users features a
"web portal" style interface intended to make it easy for users to quickly
find very specific subsets of cataloged resources."

I guess they forgot to change it when they cut and pasted that
paragraph... I take you know about this project -- is it worth
looking at?

MacKenzie/

MacKenzie Smith
Associate Director for Technology