Re: german translations, RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised)

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:22:50 +0100, Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com> wrote:
> hi,
> someone probably noticed this already:

This had not been pointed out explicitly previously.

> WD:      RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised)
> section: 2.7 Languages: xml:lang
>
> example 8:
>
> <dc:title>Das Baum</dc:title>
>    should be <dc:title>Der Baum</dc:title>
>
> the "buchen" from "http://example.org/buchen/baum"
>    Don't know if the path is meant to mean something,
>    the german word for "books" would be "bücher".
>    or ,without umlauts, "buecher".

I was aiming for books, buecher will do to avoid getting into
the issues of URI encoding and %-escaping.

>    the translation of the german verb "buchen" is
>    "to book", but "Buchen" is also plural of the
>    tree "Buche" => "beech trees".
>
> but the "außergewöhnlich" is perfect. :-)
>
> helpful? (otherwise: sorry for nit-picking.)

Yes, that's great.  I did ask someone who said they were fluent in
German to advise me, clearly they weren't :)

I'll make the changes you suggest for the next version.  To confirm,
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#example8
(http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/example08.rdf) should
be as follows.

         xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar">
    <dc:title>RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised)</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="en">RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised)</dc:title>
    <dc:title xml:lang="en-US">RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised)</dc:title>
  </rdf:Description>

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/buecher/baum" xml:lang="de">
    <dc:title>Der Baum</dc:title>
    <dc:description>Das Buch ist außergewöhnlich</dc:description>
    <dc:title xml:lang="en">The Tree</dc:title>
  </rdf:Description>
</rdf:RDF>

Thanks for the help

tschüss