RE: XML literals, canonical form, and normal form C problem

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:55:17 +0200
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-comments@w3.org>, <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>

With the right subject line this time.

Hi Peter,

I have liased with Dave Beckett,

Jeremy:
> > 3. syntax document
> >
> > The editor will make appropriate changes in due course.
> >
> > Please respond, copying www-rdf-comments, indicating whether
> this response
> > is satisfactory or not.

Peter:
> As there are no proposed changes to the syntax document, this response is
> incomplete.

The proposed changes are:

1) adding:
  [[
   This string x MUST be in Unicode[UNICODE] NFC [NFC]"
  ]]
for XML literals at
   7.2.17
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#parseTypeLiteralPropertyElt

2) modifying

> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#literalPropertyElt
>
> to replace
> [[
>
> If the rdf:datatype attribute d is given then o :=
typed-literal(literal-value
> := t.string-value, literal-datatype := d.string-value) otherwise
> t.string-value MUST be a Unicode[UNICODE] string in Normal Form C[NFC], o
:=
> literal(literal-value := t.string-value, literal-language := e.language)
and
> the
> ]]
>
> with
> [[
> The Unicode [UNICODE] string t.string-value MUST be in Normal Form C[NFC].
> If the rdf:datatype attribute d is given then o :=
typed-literal(literal-value
> := t.string-value, literal-datatype := d.string-value), otherwise o :=
> literal(literal-value := t.string-value, literal-language := e.language).
The
> ..
> ]]

property attributes are adequately dealt with in
  7.2.11 http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#nodeElement
  7.2.21 http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#emptyPropertyElt

Are we any closer to knowing whether these responses are satisfactory or
not?

See you,

Jeremy